Monday, February 23, 2009

The diocese of Victoria

This post is in reference to waiting on the Final Decree of Annulment from the Catholic church:

I have already called a few people to let them know the terrible news we received from Victoria, but I figured I better clue everyone else in as well.

We are currently in a very big holding pattern in reference to planning the wedding because we found out that the diocese in Victoria NEVER sent the paperwork to San Antonio to be ratified. Yep. You read correctly. Without the help of someone pressing for questions, our case may still have been floating in la-la land without regards to how long it was taking or that there may be people trying to move on with plans.

So, we are in the talks of what to do, but we will have a better understanding (hopefully) of what the plans will be on Thursday or Friday. We are supposed to check back and see what all the details are and if we are the top of the list of cases to be heard.

When I first heard all of this, my bridezilla came out and I wanted to stomp on something. So, I went home and stomped in the grass. It helped. But, the pit of despair in my stomach is with me. I have faith that the Archdiocese in San Antonio will rectify this situation and help us out. They know that they were not at fault but that they can help.

Please, keep us in your prayers!!!

No comments:

Mike and Riley